Taking Stock - Fall memories......

November 15, 2014

Howdy partner? It's been a minute since I've been here.....and I missed it. It's also been also a while since I've been contemplating on a picture-saturated entre nous and letting you know where my life was at while I was away. This is it.....




At the end of September I found myself flying on a jet with my tribe. Eight hours and several decadent food choices later I was home in Marburg. If you know me then it's no secret that I'm a sucker for fairy tales, folksy things and dreamy pictures and Marburg is where they all come to life. I never miss an opportunity that comes along to be there, to be swaddled in love. I spent the next six weeks taking it all in, and then decided to lock my pretty darling treasures up in a bottle Koffer and flew back to Muscat. This time around I have had so many whimsy pinch-me-worthies that it makes my heart float with happiness and gratitude. The more I see, the less I know for sure......Making an effort at zooming in at them gently as they continue to multiply......







A cobweb that wasn't short of a magical kingdom // some handmade keepsakes, better known as Schutzengel (guardian angels) in Germany // My bubba and her bubbles :)))) // Christmas cookies that made an early appearance all the way from the town of Aachen and a book about it's historically and architecturally intriguing 'Kaiserdom' (Imperial Cathedral) which also is a world heritage site. Who knew? Not me! I gonna hit up that town someday.





This ultra adorable train is the newest touristie favorite... toots folks around downtown where all the action happens, all the way up to the Marburg Castle of Landgraves where Gothic stories unfold. The driver even has a perma smile, love it! // Ever heard of a Pirate's Schnitzel? This cafe had it covered // Cozy slippers and comfy knits //That Shearling backpack though



That one time when I saw a lone white swan in the woods // The light at the end of the tunnel is what I want you to take away from this picture // Bückingsgarten, the grub - bringing happy hours since 1708 // And there we toasted to another happy year to my boyishly devilishly handsome husband.




I love bringing to life a seasonal table....this was our Fall décor this year in Muscat. The foliage in Oman looks far from it but we can always look past that, can't we? I feel it for sure // Goulash - to warm the inside when it's cold outside. My spin is very unconventional but ridiculously healthy // I've been baking like never before, hashtag Stepford Wife :) On this occassion it was the Banana Almond Loaf. Dang! that was good // We had the little Red Riding Hood over at Halloween and she couldn't get any cuter.

I never could decide what I am most drawn to when it comes to Fall - the rustling reddened leaves on the sidewalks, the pumpkins that scream soup-or-décor, the sweater weather, soul-soothing foods, a home that smells like baked goods because I'm actually baking or everything in between. It's all I dream of in a festive season with my birthday and sweet surprises thrown in for good measure. This year I've been more than lucky with fine opportunities making their way to me, more than once. To be completely honest, as I grow older I find the word 'coincidence' more and more meaningless. Things that have come about to shape the kind of life I live or the people I share it with are too special to be random. And random has no place here. It's perpetually reassuring that it's all part of a grande cosmic arrangement because I believe in it.

Hope you had a great festive start too. Ready for Thanksgiving? Oh and it's only 40 days till Christmas!!!!! Exciting times.

Thank you for stopping by. Until next time come find me on Instagram (instagram.com/thestylecradle) because that is where I post the most.

xo Renee





Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Your photography is beautiful, you must give me some tips! It was so nice to meet you the other day, just having a good read of your blog now. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....Thank you Ayshe. Ain't you sweet. I'll tell you what, how about we talk about that over a coffee? I'm in love with your header, very you :) I haven't had a chance to read your posts yet but I will, when it get's a little placid over the weekend x

    ReplyDelete