Outfit of the day - Mommy and Baby

May 22, 2015


Can you believe this is happening? The last time I posted an Ootd was in 2013 and that suffered a sudden death when I carelessly purged it while editing the glitches with my previous freebie template. Basically, don't half a** anything.

This time around I'm being more diligent. But I gotta say this frivolous looking activity involving a camera and clothes is a lot of work, especially when you add a strong willed little human to the equation. I wish the temperatures I live in had bragging rights and I were spoilt for choices when it came to places I could mundanely walk (not drive) to, just to pick up some fresh flowers. And while I did that, my mystery man would snap my wind swept face and billowed shirt endlessly. But that ain't happening here. This is me in my air conditioned habitat posing for a camera mounted on a tripod. And my little sidekick, who very kindly took some time off from caring for her babies when I asked.

A couple of weeks ago, she and I went on a field trip to Zara and both found something that was cha-ching-worthy and complimented our picks. We like doing the matchy-matchy thing a lot, mostly with colors.  Every time I buy something for her, a narrow portion of my consciousness is already racing through my closet to find a matching piece.

It looks like our summer is going to be ever so slightly bohemian. So, we picked up this jumpsuit for her that has a free range handmade feel (it's really not) and beautiful colors in the eclectic Moroccan print setting. I personally find jumpsuits super adorable meets functional. C’mon, look at this one that looks like a dress but works like shorts through cartwheels and somersaults keeping the modesty intact. The only time you might feel otherwise is when you are out and your kid's gotta go to the bathroom. So, yeah!

And I found this super wide, floaty, swingy contraption. Though I have a fall color palette - dark and warm - this deep shade of orange has always felt disingenuous to me, but not anymore. Out of nowhere, I'm blown away by the certain je ne sais quoi  it does for my skin. This is 'the' top if you are a member of the shrinking assets club like me, because the mix of fabrics adds a bit of volume and the deep neckline adds a lot of interest. And I like that.




on Me:
Top - Zara Trafaluc - http://www.zara.com/om/en/woman/tops
Wide leg pants -  Zara - last season
Bag - LV Tivoli GM - http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products
Coin Necklace - Forever 21


Face
Make up forever HD foundation in 153
Naked palette - 'half baked' all over the lid and 'creep' in the crease
Mac powerpoint eye pencil - Engraved
Essence eyebrow designer - 02 Brown

Lips
Mac lipstick - Morange
Mac lip pencil - Ablaze
 
on Her :
Jumpsuit - Zara -  http://www.zara.com/om/en/kids/girl-3-14-years/dresses/jumpsuits/printed-jumpsuit-with-border
Sandals - Birkenstock 
And a ton of sass :)

Hope you enjoyed our quick and easy (tchu kidding?) Ootd. Thank you for coming here. I did a lousy job at ducking the remote, did you see it?




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment