2014 - the year of endless possibilities ....

January 6, 2014

Do you know how much a Polar bear weighs? I think just enough to break the ice....Seriously, it was about time I checked in. I hope from the bottom of my heart you and yours had a magical holiday season and an awesome start to 2014.  I did.

In the past, before any year began I was all business with mammoth expectations and never ending resolutions. Some worked out and many failed. Later,  I found myself gnawing on the disappointments more than being happy about the good fortunes that did decide to fall in my basket. And if one were to believe in luck, 2013 was anything but lucky for me. Anyway, that's all behind us for good like Miley's twerks. 2014 is gonna be a very positive swap in so many ways for me.....



 To start with, this year I have zero clichéd resolutions but a few very attainable benchmarks - these are there purely for inspiration and motivation, no sleep loss if none materialize. I think when the fear/anxiety/pressure of the outcome wears off all you are left with is freedom, endless freedom to imagine and improve at your own pace. One of mine this year is as lame as not forgetting to drink water. But then again it's not that lame when the husband is sometimes worried that I might forget to breathe because I have other things to care about!

I wanna lay off expectations. A tiny fibre of my being hurts when I say this because it's easier to have them than to not.  I'm gonna try nonetheless to expect less from the universe to give me all that I wish for, the husband to read my mind all the time, my parents to check on me everyday, our baby to come to bed when I summon,  my friends to like the pictures I post on Facebook, the lady who rings the register at Carrefour to smile or even you to find what I write worth your time -  basically everyone and everything. All I wanna do is to be happy and be ready to be surprised. I think I had forgotten for a while that the best things in my life happened when I least expected them.  

I have reached a point in my life where positivity is more paramount than ever. It might seem impossible when you are battling the elements of nature. I'm the first one to raise my hand up and say that for the longest time I thought that this worked only for monks living in ice laden mountains, flamboyant poets who do nothing but fantasize about women all day and holistic healers who are all about placebo. The truth, however, is that they were leaps and bounds ahead of me in this game.  Today I know better...that if  there is anything that can get one through rough sledding then its's positivity and conviction, or whatever is your name for it.....that I'm way stronger than I could have ever imagined. It's your attitude that makes or breaks you. And I feel compelled to share this.

On the New Year's Eve, we went out for a cozy dinner at Kargeen,  shared some Bateel for good measure, took a very sleepy Sara to bed,  snuggled up watching some good ol' TV on the couch and told each other that this is gonna be our year just before the clock struck midnight. Even though we couldn't didn't make it to the 'it' party, countdown or fireworks, this year somehow feels like my year, our year, one that is self contained yet has endless possibilities......

What about you?  How to you feel about the brand new 2014?  Share now.....

xo Renee




   
                                                                   
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment