D. I. Y - Winter Scrub

November 8, 2013

Every once in a while I take a little time off for pampering.  As much as I love my family and spending time with them, my 'Me' time is also one of the 'non- negotiables' in my life. It can become quite a rare event because there is always something or someone more important. But some days I just channel my inner suffragette and take care of myself.  Lately, I've been feeling abundantly creative. So I swung by my kitchen and found the ingredients to make an all natural body scrub from scratch. Not sure if I'm the first to think of this concoction but not a care in the world.  I'm really excited to share my rendition with you - drumroll please - The Winter Scrub ! This is as an excellent exfoliator that preps your skin for the brewing cold by leaving it softer, cleaner and refreshed.   And the smell is just so exotic....woot woot. I think if Princess Jasmin wore a fragrance, this is what it would have most likely smelled like, ha ha. Thumbs up for Disney. It's also a very thoughtful and interesting gift idea for family/ friends for the holiday season. Let's get started.....

Ingredients : Ground Coffee // Ground Cardamom // Ground Almonds // Brown Sugar // Cold Pressed Olive Oil // Vitamin E Oil( totally optional - only if u wanna extend the shelf life beyond 2 weeks) .
                 
* Here I'm using Arabic Coffee which already has Cardamom in it.
* You can also switch up the olive oil with any other oil of your choice.  Macadamia nut oil and Argan oil are great alternatives. Just steer clear of anything that sets or hardens at room temperature.

I just eyeballed (you can measure if you like) and mixed everything up well and Voila ! 

One important tip to keep in mind is that the texture of Coffee = texture of your scrub. So mill the coffee beans fine or coarse depending on your preference. I personally like my scrub to be quite gritty but not abrasive.

Then I went ahead and transferred the finished product into a mason's jar and decorated it for a more festive and farmhouse chic feel. Isn't this the cutest scrub on the planet? 

Now Smooth those shins and elbows friend ......

Any fans? Let me know if u get a chance to make this and leave me a link or comment below .
Thanks for reading

                                                                    xo Renee


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment