Christmas, Pie and beyond.........

December 30, 2014

Come fall and I become a kid again that won’t grow up untill a few days after Christmas. And now that the ‘magic’ is slowly but surely disappearing I feel ridiculously gutted and almost a bit sad. How old am I, five? Don’t ask! . This happens all the time that this strange feeling of disconnect takes over me post Christmas, like it’s the very end of a sad but achingly beautiful story……. I always wish December lasted a bit longer!

I hope you and yours had a warm and loved-up Christmas. Mine was as low-key as low-key could be. I did nothing, but stayed-in chowing  chilling with my family all day in my plaid ‘Lumber Jane’ number (one that I wear - too often, too non-strategically). Given my husband-diagnosed hyperactivity, it takes me more effort to chill than not to. But this time I felt unapologetically good while I was at it. Although, I’m convinced that it’s humanly impossible to have a stress free holiday season. No, seriously.

 At the end of the day, I felt so ambitious that I attempted a Banoffee Pie from scratch. To be honest, the whole thing was nothing but contrived because I had scoured teh interwebs for weeks and canonized those perfect no-bake pies on Pinterest. I should have known that I’m not there, yet. Long story short, the Pie odds weren’t in my favor and mine turned out nothing like them. I think I got the taste down though because the men swung by for seconds.
And thirds, I swear!  Silver lining - I can now whip up some legit Dulce de Leche if you will. Not everything has to be perfect and everybody should know that. Me first. 


So anyway,  I was fed, kissed, spoilt and appreciated. And that was good enough. What more could I possibly want, when enough contained so much wealth (and wrapping paper:))))))). It was a great Christmas! 

A void might still exist between saying and doing but I AM looking forward to a laissez-faire start to the new year too. My state of togetherness tells me that there are beautiful things on the horizon and but I am ready to wait. 

There are times when you might feel aimless
You can't see the places where you belong
But you will find that there is a purpose
It's been there within you all along and when you're near it
You can almost hear it
                                     - Meet the Mormons 


 
Thank you for stopping by. Until next time, come find me on Instagram and Facebook

xo Renee

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment